The 3K Theme



How's it going, money makers?

Before we start, I should let you know that I'm gonna move the TRI's Main Site from HTML to WordPress.

I coded it using FrontPage 2003, a nice program which I'll still be using for whenever WordPress starts giving me a hard time but, during the moving phase, it will be temporarily unavailable.

The URL will still be the same, though, so no need to remove it from your bookmarks. ;-)

Speaking of WordPress, to complete the transition I was looking for premium WP themes.

The reason why you'd want a premium theme is simply because it's different and has other functions that free ones don't have, like enhanced security, page builders, shortcodes for advanced features, etc.

Most sellers provide two licences: Personal, which is to use just for you and Developer/Commercial to be used by you for a client or even resold.

I prefer the latter because it's a way to make money and even increase traffic like I've showed you on the previous post.

Let me tell ya, the amount of themes that suck could fill a warehouse... but still, I've managed to find an outstanding theme called "Multi".

Very impressive yes, and for the price they were offering, $45 it's very much accessible. At least that's what I thought when I went to the seller and looked for the Developer's licence which cost a whoopping $2.700!!

ARE. YOU. KIDDING. ME??? Almost 3K for a theme??

This was 2 days ago. Now I'm back again to the site and here's what it shows when you search for the same theme again:
It seems they were only interested in selling the theme for a limited time only. Source: ThemeForrest


Yeah, you're telling me it sucks.

There's another theme being sold by $40 for personal licences and $2.000 for devs, called Landler. It's not as impressive but still a nice alternative.

Personally, I'm more inclined to ElegantThemes and I plan using them for the TRI's Main Site, when it's finally ready.

By the way, there are more sites coming up from the TRI, a new knowledge base and Affiliate Resource Center.

Those will be more complete and contribuitors will be allowed to join to enrich it. But that's further down the road.

So, you see there's only gain in becoming a Trian! ;-)

I have some more programming to do so, I'll see you guys on the next post.

Cya!